First Impressions Orientation Program
The GSA First Impressions program is designed to make the move to Lethbridge, or the transition from undergrad to graduate student life, smoother for new students. We partner an incoming student with a current student, who will provide answers to certain types of questions, sources of information, and specific information; usually via e-mail. Before relocating to Lethbridge, new students can establish a student-mentor relationship electronically to get answers to questions. After arriving, a campus tour is also (usually) a part of this student-mentor relationship.
Questions can range from:
- Housing options: We have On Campus and Off Campus housing options.
- How/where to get a SIN card
- Please visit Lethbridge Service Canada Centre in person with required documents. For more information visit Service Canada.
- Banking services
- Student accounts are available in through most of the Banks in Canada. Please, explore your options to fit your needs.
- Best cafés
- Please check out food options on Campus
- West side of the city: Shoppers Drug Mart, Save on Foods, Safeway, etc.
- Other locations within the city: Real Canadian Superstore, Walmart, Costco, etc.
- Public transportation
- LA Transit, Greyhound, Red Arrow and Lethbridge Airport
- Semester bus-pass are provided during orientation or available from GSA Office.
- Required activities
- Course registration for each term visit Registration Guide
- Required forms visit http://www.uleth.ca/graduate-studies/forms
- Questions related to your program of study
Depending upon volunteer availability, mentor partners are based on the new students’ department, faculty, and/or common interest.
If you want to become a volunteer or to be partnered with a mentor, please fill out the below form. The information you provide will only be used in selecting the most appropriate mentor for the First Impressions Orientation Program and will not be shared.
If you have any questions about this program, please feel free to contact us at any time at email@example.com.