Get involved with your academics.
Being a member of the Graduate Students' Association Council lends wonderful political experience to your CV. Politics not your style? How about starting a club for a cause you love, or volunteering at an existing one? New students always need a hand getting around Lethbridge for the first time - sign up to help incoming students with the tricky transition into grad school.
Graduate Student Association Council
Watch the blog and the website banner for availability at the table and upcoming elections. Keener's can view the documentation below to find out what the responsibilities and duties of members are.
Duties and Responsibilites
If you have any questions or concerns about student representation, or if you are interested in volunteering as a student rep, contact us.
GSA First Impressions Program
The GSA First Impressions program is designed to make the move to Lethbridge, or the transition from undergrad to graduate student life, smoother for new students. We partner an incoming student with a current student, who will provide answers to certain types of questions, sources of information, and specific information; usually via e-mail. Before relocating to Lethbridge, new students can establish a student-mentor relationship electronically to get answers to questions. After arriving, a campus tour is also (usually) a part of this student-mentor relationship.
Questions can range from:
- Housing options: We have On Campus and Off Campus housing options.
- How/where to get a SIN card
- Please visit Lethbridge Service Canada Centre in person with required documents. For more information visit Service Canada.
- Banking services
- Student accounts are available in through most of the Banks in Canada. Please, explore your options to fit your needs.
- Best cafés
- Please check out food options on Campus
- West side of the city: Shoppers Drug Mart, Save on Foods, Safeway, etc.
- Other locations within the city: Real Canadian Superstore, Walmart, Costco, etc.
- Public transportation
- LA Transit, Greyhound, Red Arrow and Lethbridge Airport
- Semester bus-pass are provided during orientation or available from GSA Office.
- Required activities
- Questions related to your program of study
If you have any questions about this program, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Do you feel passionate about traveling, cooking, sport or religion? Do you want to build a cultural community or gather people with similar ideas? Or simply make new friends and have fun? Become a member of one of the GSA clubs or better, create your own! Seriously, there are only 3 steps.
- Download the GSA club ratification form. Make sure it is filled to completion.
- Attach to the form:
- a copy of the meeting minutes of the student group at which the club constitution is approved
- approved club constitution (here is a sample constitution)
- GSA club insurance form
- Create an email for your club
A club can be ratified any time from September 1st to April 1st; a Club ceases to be ratified August 31st of every year. applications submitted after March 1st will be considered for September intake.
Your club must submit an annual report to the GSA every year. Please refer to Bylaw 22 of the GSA Bylaws for more details on ratification process and documentation. Instructions and sample of annual report can be found here. For a more verbose and in depth account of club ratification, policies and procedures, click the download button below.