Welcome to the GSA's Classifieds page! This page features classified postings intended for U of L graduate students.
To post a classified advertisement to this page, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with all information you would like in your ad (including pictures). You must be a current U of L graduate student or alumni, or a U of L staff or faculty member to post on this page.
We are happy to post any advertisement ranging from residences to rent to babysitting requests, or even the sale of textbooks or electronics for graduate students!
Furnished condo in Copperwood. Two bedrooms and one bathroom. Furniture includes couch, love seat, queen size bed, and two twin beds. Second floor unit with deck and gas BBQ. Air conditioned. Contains fridge, stove, dishwasher, microwave, washer, and dryer. Parking space with plug-in included. Very close to grocery store and pharmacy. Easy travel to the University (30 min. walk; 9 min. drive; bus route close). $1400 per month, all utilities and condo fees included. Available September 1st, 2017.
- To any dog friendly Graduate or PhD student:
I am a University Faculty of Education alumni, 2001. I have a home located in the Willow Ridge area of West Lethbridge on Squamish Blvd. I have three bedrooms available for rent in a my home. I have two spacious upstairs bedrooms. I am asking $475/ month for each of the unfurnished bedrooms along with a $475 damage deposit. The rent is $525 with a $525 security deposit if you prefer a furnished bedroom with a computer desk and chair, a lamp, a bed and a bookshelf. The upstairs bedrooms share full bathroom with the household. in addition, I have a super spacious basement bedroom with ensuite. I am asking $550/month for the unfurnished basement bedroom along with a $550 damage deposit. I am asking $600 if you prefer the basement bedroom to be fully furnished. All rooms are available August 1, 2017.
Laundry facilities are on site. Utilities are included in the rental fee, along with high speed wifi and Optik TV. There is a bus stop at the corner of Garry Drive and Squamish Blvd. to the University, downtown, etc. Amenities include a grocery store, coffee shops, sports bar, fitness centre, various fast food restaurants and banking facilities in the immediate vicinity. I have two Bernese cross dogs who live in the home. They are easy going dogs who provide a nice safety factor. I have a month to month contract drawn up to better clarify all expectations of the rental agreement. I f you're interested in viewing one of the rooms contact me at 403-892-6376.
- Two furnished rooms located on the main floor and two rooms in the basement are available to rent to female students or post-docs starting in January or February at 46 Harvard Crescent West. The house is 25-30 min walk from the university and 2 min walk to us stop. The rooms will be furnished with a bed, dresser, bookcase, student desk. Bedding and towels, dishes and cookware will also be provided. The price for the room is $400 with all utilities, cable included. here is a living room with a TV, a solarium, kitchen and backyard that will be shared with other tenants. There are two bathrooms on the main floor that will be shared. There is a room for one car in the garage. A $250 damage deposit is required. A small renovation will happen in the last week of January and part of February but will not affect the rooms available for rent. The renvation is intended to add a 2nd kitchen in the basemen. Of you are interested, please call 403-320-2114 or email email@example.com
- Apartment in semi-detached house for sublet: Steps from grocery, bus stop, downtown. 2 bed, 1 Bath, Kitchen - Fridge, Stove, Dishwasher, Living Room, Basement - Laundry facilities, Yard, 1-car Garage, additional parking.
Some furnishings available for sale - Queen bed, L-desk/chair, kitchen items. Sublet Jan 15 (flexible) - Mar. 31. $900+ utilities. Please contact 4038491309
- Two upstairs bedrooms are for rent in Copperwood in a smoke and pets free duplex. (though small pets can be negotiable). $450 per month including utilities except cable plus $450 damage deposit. Must be willing to sign the lease and provide reference check. The house is 3 minutes drive from University and walking distance to the bus stop. Parking pad and street parking are available. For more information please contact Eric Wong firstname.lastname@example.org or text (403) 393 9805.
- Serious students looking for another one or two roommates in a house in the Indian Battle Heights area; 3.5 bathrooms, spacious bedrooms, loads of natural light, patio, garage and driveway, 25 minutes walk to university, 50 meters to a bus stop and close to a new shopping area. All appliances (including dishwasher + washer and dryer), large kitchen, fireplace, comes furnished except for bedrooms. No pets. Graduate students/PDF preferred, clean, and no parties. For more details contact Maxim at email@example.com
Looking for a place to live?
Partially furnished master bedroom in a shared townhouse in Copperwood. Close to a bus stop and grocery store.
If interested, please contact Stephanie at 403-593-2125.
Looking for a proof-reader?
John Greenshields is offering his services as an editor and proofreader to graduate students.
He holds a B.A. and an M.A. (University of Saskatchewan, 2010) in History. He charges 20$/hr, is fast and thorough, is familiar with MLA, APA, and Chicago/Turabian citation, and is also fluent in French.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Tutors and Learning Strategists for the 2015/2016 school year
The Accommodated Learning Centre is currently accepting resumes, along with cover letter indicating academic strengths for the 2015/2016 school year. Wage is $19.00 per hour for Tutors and $20.00 per hour for Strategists, with the hours being flexibly scheduled by the staff and students.
- Expertise in a field of study (English, Math, Sciences)
- Ability to articulate theories from multiple angles
- Background in teaching or coaching
- Excellent written and verbal abilities
- Demonstrates patience with others
- Excellent organizational skills
- Background in teaching, coaching, or mentorship
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent motivational skills
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Strong knowledge of U of L systems/services
- Strong writing abilities
- Demonstrates patience with others
Please send your Resumes and Cover letters to email@example.com.
The GSA is currently looking to fill the position of "GSA Speaker"
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT:
October 1st, 2015 – April 30th, 2016.
$1,200 a year, pro-rated for an October 1st, 2015 start date.
An average of 3 hours a month. This includes the attendance of a 2 hour monthly meeting and about 1 hour of prep time for each meeting.
The GSA Speaker will report directly to the GSA President.
DUTIES (include, but are not necessarily limited to):
1. Prepare for monthly GSA council meetings
· Ensure that the meeting times for each school term is established at the beginning of each term
· Prepare the agenda according to the GSA template
· Request action/information items from GSA council members
· Distribute the meeting agenda 1 week prior to the GSA council meeting
2. Chair all regular monthly GSA council meetings
· Interpret and enforce Robert’s Rules of Order
· Preserve order by establishing and enforcing guidelines for meetings
· Start meetings on time
· Follow agendas and keep meetings focused on agenda items
· Allow time to hear points of view, but allocate time with clear directions
· Allocate responsibilities for specific tasks
· For important issues, establish a sub-committee to collect facts, review the situation, and prepare recommendations to be considered at the next meeting
· Close meetings on time and on a positive, appreciative, and graceful note
Preference will be given to individuals with:
· Over one year’s experience chairing meetings that follow Robert’s Rules of Order
· Robert’s Rules of Order training
· No obvious conflict of interest
However, candidates with suitable assets and skills may also be considered.
Suitable assets and skills include:
· Participation in meetings that follow Robert’s Rules of Order
· A Graduate degree or relevant education
· Knowledge of the University of Lethbridge Constitution, Bylaws, and Policies
· Leadership experience
· An ability to be unbiased, display assertiveness, or establish diplomatic relationships
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Editing Services Available!
Are you concerned about your writing? Do you have a thesis you'd like polished?
Would you like to ensure that your work is ready for publication?
I am an experienced freelance editor who specializes in academic writing and working with ESL students. Over the last 20 years, I have edited across the disciplines, for the general public, for students of all levels, and for academics. I possess a master's degree in English and an undergraduate degree in French.
My student rate is $20/hour - with an average of 6-7 pages per hour - for editing grammar, sentence structure, spelling, and punctuation (depending, of course, on the level and skillfulness of the writing). I am also proficient at current APA, MLA, and Chicago citation styles.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have at: email@example.com